Polymer Clay: Mokume Gane
Polymer Clay: Mokume Gane, The Mokume Gane technique, an old Japanese technique in sword making, has recently been applied to the world of polymer clay. By stacking and imprinting several layers of clay, different images are revealed with each slice removed from the stack. In this class, beads and/or pins will be created and cured to take home. Participants may also take home uncured clay creations to bake and cure at home.
Polymer is the perfect clay for beginners, kids and adults. This is a great introduction to crafting with clay because it is soft, easy to use and will stay soft until you bake it in your home oven. With many colors and is perfect for jewelry, figurines, home décor and seasonal items. This clay provides inspiration for crafters and is the ideal medium to use for creating special projects for every occasion. It can be blended easily to create custom colors or special techniques.
Polymer clay is the perfect medium for anyone who likes to create!
- Available in lots vibrant colors
- Perfect for jewelry, home décor, mixed media, seasonal items and more!
- Bakes hard and takes on a matte, bisque type finish.
- Shape, bake and once cool can be sanded, drilled, carved and finished with glaze
- Clay is soft and pliable, works and feels like ceramic clay but will not dry out when exposed to air
Recommended for ages 6 and up. Adults will enjoy this class as well.
Also makes a great parent/child class.
All supplies included along with instructions from our qualified teacher.
All participants must be paid participants.